Moore College's Certificate in Theology
Join thousands of christians from over 50 countries.
- An established course run since the 1940s by a respected theological college.
- Only A$90 per unit (A$55 concession).
- Flexible study at your own pace, with no prerequisites. Pause and restart your enrolments to fit with your life.
- Detailed booklet with 10 lessons.
- Online Learning Environment support for select units, including quizzes, eReadings, and a moderated forum. More info | Free Lesson
- Three stages of six units each: Preliminary Theological Certificate, Intermediate Theological Certificate, and Certificate in Theology.
- Terms start in March, June, September, and December. You can enrol anytime and you'll receive your study notes within days.
Get started: Introduction to the Bible
Introduction to the Bible, the first unit, shows how the message of the Bible unfolds from beginning to end. It shows how the various books relate to one another historically and theologically.
1. The Book of Books
2. Interpreting the Bible
3. From creation to new creation
4. Israel and God's purposes
5. The promised land and God's good purposes writings
6. The Kingdom of David & God's purpose
7. God's purpose renewed
8. Jesus the fulfiller of God's purpose
9. The Gospel for the nations
10. Awaiting the fulfilment - The Apostles'
Beyond Introduction to the Bible, you can study New Testament 1 (Mark's gospel), Old Testament 1 (Genesis - Deuteronomy), Doctrine 1, Ephesians, and one elective, either Promise to Fulfillment (a more detailed look at Biblical Theology), Christian Worship, or Prayer Book.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Moore College?
Moore College has been preparing men and women for Christian mission and ministry for 150 years. Based on the Sydney, Australia, our vision is international and interdenominational. More details: Mission and values, Moore in the World, History, Faculty blog, sermons and talks audio library.
Can students outside Australia enrol?
Certainly! We have students from over 50 countries every year. Our Online Learning Environment is a great resource for students overseas.
How much work is involved?
We suggest about five hours per week for each unit, in a ten week term.
How do exams work?
Exams are optional but recommended. A written exam paper is mailed to your nominated supervisor This is then mailed back and marked. More info
Are these courses accredited?
The Certificate in Theology is not an accredited course. It is designed as a very affordable and flexible course enjoyed by people of all walks of life. Moore College offers a range of other accredited courses, including Diplomas, Bachelors, Masters, and PhD.