We began in the 1940s as a training course for lay preachers in the Diocese of Sydney. Students attended evening lectures given by the Principal, Archdeacon T.C. Hammond. But gradually the course was offered by correspondence. The original notes were roneod copies of the lectures.
In 1945 there were about 70 students studying in the course. Currently there are over 5,000 students from 50 countries around the world. In many countries, especially in Africa, India and throughout South America, the course is used to train church leaders, evangelists and pastors.
The course is available in Chinese and Spanish while new translations in Arabic, French, Khmer, Indian languages, Swahili, Russian and Korean are being developed. We praise God for what has taken place and look forward to the future with eager expectation.